Rules for Life.
1. There aren't any rules, but the ones you create for yourself. Do this thoroughly and thoughtfully.
2. You only have control of yourself, and even then, not as much as you often need.
3. Pay attention, learn from everything and everyone.
4. Tell the truth, especially to yourself. Always be brutally honest with yourself.
5. Be kind, first to others, no less to yourself.
6. Don't indulge in anger, delusion, addiction, excess. If you find yourself slipping into any of these, get help.
7. Don't be eager to tell yourself fairy tales, lest you find yourself living in the dark, real manifestations of them.
8. Beauty is important. Pretty is not.
9. Be curious and questioning, always.
10.Trust your instincts, the more you listen to them, the more reliable they will be.